StarBrite Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Few Updates

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GGX
Administrator
GGX

Male Number of posts : 70
Infractions: :
A Few Updates Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A Few Updates Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-20

A Few Updates Empty
PostSubject: A Few Updates   A Few Updates Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 9:26 pm

First off, I'd like to let you all know that I have upgraded our post system. Whenevr you post, you will see a newer, sleeker interface with newer BBcode. You can also make a 'quick reply', because I have added a quick reply box. You can find it under the posts within a topic. It makes it easy, as you don't have to navigate to an entire post screen! I have also finished establishing a nice FAQ. It can be found next to the 'gallery' button on the navigation menu. The first set of questions, under 'StarBrite Forums Support', is where you can find the most important questions. These questions deal with the forum rules & policies, but in good detail. If you have any questions that you feel should be answered, let us know here! We are also working on getting an established forum bot, which will run on codes to function automatically. It will eventually be able to auto-moderate spam (and infraction those users who cause it), and hopefully raise/lower money from the coin shops! I hope this becomes reality. In the meantime, let us know how you feel about these topics right here. thanks for supporting us!

~GGX
GGX's Staff Icon
Back to top Go down
http://starbrite-productions.net
Pecklester
StarBrite Forumer
Pecklester

Male Number of posts : 42

Registration date : 2007-11-25

A Few Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Updates   A Few Updates Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:58 pm

My idea to get the quick reply. Awesome, thx.
Back to top Go down
Dazzozo
Administrator
Dazzozo

Male Number of posts : 43

Registration date : 2007-10-24

A Few Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Updates   A Few Updates Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:02 pm

Hmmm... Bot. I know a way of installing an A.L.I.C.E bot to a phpBB/vBulletin forum, but forumotion runs on phpBB, but the forumotion guys installed a new admin panel, so you can't add mods to the forum. (Not the mod'erator' type, a 'mod' to add an update to a forum.)

I'd be interested to know how this bot system is going to work... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dazzozo.co.nr/
Pecklester
StarBrite Forumer
Pecklester

A Few Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Updates   A Few Updates Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:05 pm

Seems inpossible. Unless he's hiring people to do it...
Back to top Go down
Dazzozo
Administrator
Dazzozo

A Few Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Updates   A Few Updates Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:12 pm

Pecklester wrote:
Seems inpossible. Unless he's hiring people to do it...

Check your spelling of 'impossible'

My life motto is that 'Impossible is impossible.'

Meaning impossible isn't a word. So go chuck your impossible in the bin! Razz

It's very easy if the bot is run on an A.L.I.C.E system, it is built up on human responses and it can figure things out, if you made an account run on A.L.I.C.E, and the following happened...

User1: ALICE, what do you like to drink?

A.L.I.C.E Bot: I like orange juice.

Adapting on that technology, you could make it an 'anti spam bot', it can tell what a spam post is, and making the user an admin/mod, you could make it delete the post, and if you were really clever, you could make it give them infractions or ban them.
Back to top Go down
Chipit
StarBrite Forumer

Male Number of posts : 27

Registration date : 2007-11-20

A Few Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Updates   A Few Updates Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 5:55 pm

Dazzozo wrote:
Hmmm... Bot. I know a way of installing an A.L.I.C.E bot to a phpBB/vBulletin forum, but forumotion runs on phpBB, but the forumotion guys installed a new admin panel, so you can't add mods to the forum. (Not the mod'erator' type, a 'mod' to add an update to a forum.)

I'd be interested to know how this bot system is going to work... Wink

So would I.

Most forum hosts customize the control panel because the standard doesn't allow for the limitation/customization desired. I don't know of any free forum host that allows you to install custom mods. Due to the nature of how forum hosts work, it would be (I know you don't like this word) impossible to install a custom mod on a site to site basis. Most phpBB mods require the editing of the PHP files that phpBB runs on. You cannot edit those files for your forum only because on free hosts, all forums run off one set of PHP files, just different tables in a SQL database.

The only way I could see a bot running is if it posts from a program on someone's computer, or if the mod was made available on all forumotion phpBB2 forums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.disneygaming.com
Dazzozo
Administrator
Dazzozo

A Few Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Updates   A Few Updates Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:03 am

Chipit wrote:
The only way I could see a bot running is if it posts from a program on someone's computer, or if the mod was made available on all forumotion phpBB2 forums.

Making the program would be extremely hard, but possible. You can also suggest an update on the official Help Forumotion forum.
Back to top Go down
Chipit
StarBrite Forumer

Male Number of posts : 27

Registration date : 2007-11-20

A Few Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Updates   A Few Updates Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:37 pm

Dazzozo wrote:
Chipit wrote:

Making the program would be extremely hard, but possible. You can also suggest an update on the official Help Forumotion forum.

Yeah, as I said, possible on a site to site basis if it ran on someone's computer.
I personally don't think it would be extremely hard, there are many competent devs out there.
(Not saying I could do it, I'm better at programing online apps and stuff like that then computer applications... not to mention I'm horrible at making Windows apps as I work for Apple)
Back to top Go down
http://www.disneygaming.com
Pecklester
StarBrite Forumer
Pecklester

A Few Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Updates   A Few Updates Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 2:45 pm

I think the following line from spongebob is needed:
"No, squidword, we already played gabble like an idiot earliar."
-----
[Edit By GGX: Funny Comment, Just Make Sure Future Comments Don't Get Out Of Hand. This Comment Could Be Taken As An Insult, So Just Be Careful.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Few Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Updates   A Few Updates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Few Updates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StarBrite Forums :: Welcome Center :: News & Announcements-
Jump to: